What are the alternatives to hybrid and remote learning? These moms share their experiences with homeschooling and unschooling with us.
Black families saw the biggest increase in homeschooling this school year of all races. “The proportion homeschooling increased by five times” from spring 2019-2020 school year to the fall of this school year, according to the Census Bureau.
If you’re considering homeschooling for the first time next school year, this panel of homeschooling and unschooling mamas is here to help.
During our Mama AMA series on pandemic schooling, experts discussed choosing alternative learning options over virtual schooling.
- The difference between homeschooling and unschooling,
- How learning pods can work in a pandemic
- How to manage homeschooling with or without external support
- The realistic time demands required to prepare for schooling
- The cost of homeschooling and learning pods
Check out the video here:
Testingmom.com: Helps you find out what tests are required for your area
K12: Online Public School: A resource for mostly online classes, some states are free and may include perks that benefit at home learning
Nannyland’s Pinterest: For easy kid activity ideas
Outschool: Live online classes and clubs