MATERMEA.COM (the “Site” or “Sites”), and how we collect and use that information.
The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refers to MATER MEA , Inc.. The terms “user,” “you,” and “your” refer to site visitors, customers, and any other users of the site.
The term “personal information” is defined as information that you voluntarily provide to us that personally identifies you, your company and/or your contact information, such as your name, phone number, and email or physical address.
MATER MEA is a website that celebrates the lives of Black women as they balance work and motherhood.
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Activity. We may record information relating to your use of the Site, such as the searches you undertake, the pages you view, your browser type, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp information. We use this type of information to administer the Site and provide the highest possible level of service to you. We also use this information in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site.
Cookies. We may send cookies to your computer in order to uniquely identify your browser and improve the quality of our service. The term “cookies” refers to small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing the Site. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). You have the ability to accept or decline cookies using your web browser settings. If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the Site may not work properly or at all. MATERMEA.COM does not respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser.
Product Orders. One day, MATER MEA may take product orders. And when that day comes, we will collect a variety of personal information with each product order. This includes:
- Your name, address, email address, phone number and other personal information. This information is shared with our e-commerce software providers to ensure completion of your order. We use your email to communicate with you about your order and to manage our customer relationship with you. When you place an order you may be added to our mailing list from which you can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe link in each email or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your payment information. We collect payment information for each order but we do not store payment information on MATER MEA, Inc. servers. Your payment information is securely communicated to and processed via our e-commerce software providers.
- All personal information collected for an order is used for the fulfillment of that order and to manage our customer relationship with you.
- Blog Interaction. We only collect the personal information you voluntarily provide to us which may include:
- Your email address in order to subscribe to our mailing list, sign up for a consultation call, or sign up for one of our interactive forums;
- Your name, email address, website in order to post a comment on our blog; and your social media profiles in order to share an article from our blog on social media via a third party provider;
- Your full name, email address and message in order to contact us via our contact form.
HOW WE GET THAT INFORMATION
We receive your information through Mailchimp newsletter plugins, cookies, and third-party analytics apps.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
The information you provide is used to analyze how visitors use MATERMEA.COM, to send periodic marketing emails, and to improve the service we provide. We do share your information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business and servicing clients and visitors. These trusted third parties agree to keep this information confidential. Your personal information will never be shared with unrelated third parties.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
THIRD PARTIES WE USE
- Google Analytics. We use this to collect device data, location Information, cookies, demographics (age, gender), interests, and user interactions (such as how long they are on the site, bounce rate, if they are a new or returning visitor etc.). This data is retained on Google Analytics for 26 months.
- Mailchimp. We use this for our email marketing efforts, and it collects your name and email address. When you unsubscribe, we will no longer send you emails, but we will still have access to your information from past activities.
- Squarespace. The host of MATERMEA.COM, Squarespace collects analytics data similarly to Google Analytics, and cookies. You can opt out of having cookings through your browser settings.
We maintain security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. However, no exchange of data over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. While we make every effort to protect your personal information shared with us through our Site, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with us through our Sites could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge and permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
“Users residing in certain countries, including the EU, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information. While these rights are not applicable globally, all users can manage their personal information, as further described below, in their account settings. A link to your account settings can be found at the bottom of every email we send you.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You can request a downloadable copy of your personal data from MATER MEA by contacting us using the information provided below.
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS FOR EEA USERS
If you live in the European Economic Area, or a similar international area, you may have additional privacy rights available to you under applicable laws. We will process your requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you would like to exercise any of the below rights, please contact email@example.com so that we may consider your request in accordance with applicable law:
- Right not to provide or withdraw consent: You have the right not to provide or withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right of access: You may have the right to access the personal data that you provided us.
- Right of erasure: You may have the right to the erasure of personal data that we hold about you.
- Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that MATER MEA stop processing your personal data and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to rectification: You may have the right to require us to correct any of your personal data.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
If you opt-in to our mailing list, the option to unsubscribe will be included in every email. You may also access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY